Forum Laboris is an on-site event connected to EAA conferences / summer- or winter- schools to provide young acousticians the opportunity in getting to know and establishing connections to different kinds of employers.
Forum Laboris aims to connect potential job seekers / interested young acousticians and employers by providing first and also more detailed insights into work at, e.g., companies, universities, etc.
Forum Laboris is mainly planned as a two-part event:
- Introduction pitches for employers (approx. 60 Minutes)
- Speed-dating between employers and job seekers (approx. 90 Minutes)
Introduction pitches allow a quick overview of represented employers at Forum Laboris, while speed-dating brings people together for the first step in networking. The speed-dating part is primarily intended for establishing communication channels with employers for the job application process and should not be mistaken for job interviews.
If possible, we will try to provide hybrid participation to Forum Laboris (Zoom meeting with breakout rooms).
Employers apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
- Subject: " Employers' application for Forum Laboris".
- Company / Institution name .
- Mail address and phone number of one representative contact person.
- Short description of the company/ institution (incl. specialities/ technical topics)
- Number of representatives that will participate at Forum Laboris (incl. number of in-person / online / hybrid participants)
Job seekers/ interested young acousticians apply by sending an email to email@example.com providing the following information:
- Subject: "Job interests' application for Forum Laboris".
- Preferring in-person or online participation.
- Current qualification & job status.
- CV (max. 2 pages).
- Short motivation letter (max. ½ page)
Procedure and important dates
- Application deadline for companies and job seekers: Monday, June 25th, 2023, 11 am.
- Announcement of participating companies (via mail & website): latest July 10th, 2023.
- Registration/ application for pre-scheduled speed-dating slots (50% of all available slots of each company). Monday, August 28th, 2023, 11 AM.
- Announcement to participants (via mail) about pre-scheduled speed-dating slots.
- On-site registration to speed-dating slots (left-over 50% of slots) will be opened after the employers' introduction pitches.
- Depending on the number of represented employers, introduction pitches will last 3-10 minutes.
- Each speed-dating slot will take approx. 12 minutes that will comprise a short elevator pitch (1-2 minutes) by the job seeker/ young acoustician to train self-presentation and a casual chat between the employer and job seeker/ young acoustician.
- In parallel to the speed-dating, space will be provided for casual talks between all participants of Forum Laboris who are not involved in speed-dating slots (only in-person).
- Internal note: Tags will be printed online, YAN will provide the design for the tags.
For further questions, you can contact us via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us via Discord (https://discord.com/invite/bHWwHHY).